prepared by Wei Ming Dariotis, 2003
Asian-American Authors. Ed. Kai-yu Hsu and Helen Palubinskas. 1972.
Yardbird Reader #3. Ed. Shawn Wong and Frank Chin. 1974.
Green Snow: Anthology of Canadian Poets of Asian Origin. Ed. Stephen M. Gill. 1976.
Poetry Hawaii: A Contemporary Anthology. Ed. Frank Stewart and John Unterecker. 1979.
AIIIEEEEE! An Anthology of Asian-American Writers. Ed. Frank Chin. 1974.
Breaking Silence: An Anthology of Contemporary Asian American Poets. Ed. Joseph Bruchac. 1983.
The Best of Bamboo Ridge. Ed. Eric Chock and Darrell H.Y. Lum. 1986.
Blue Funnel Line. Ed. Shawn Wong. A special issue of Seattle Review, 11:1.1988.
The Big AIIIEEEEE!: An Anthology of Chinese American and Japanese American Literature. Edited by Jeffery Paul Chan, Frank Chin, Lawson Inada, and Shawn Wong. 1991.
American Dragons: Twenty-Five Asian American Voices. Ed. Laurence Yep. 1993.
The Open Boat: Poems from Asian America. Ed. Garrett Hongo. 1993.
Growing Up Asian American: An Anthology. Ed. Maria Hong. 1993.
Premonitions: The Kaya Anthology of New Asian North American Poetry. Ed. Walter K. Lew. 1995.
Into the Fire: Asian American Prose. Ed. Sylvia Watanabe and Carol Bruchac. 1996.
Quiet Fire: A Historical Anthology of Asian American Poetry, 1892-1970. Ed. Juliana Chang. 1997.
Charlie Chan Is Dead: An Anthology of Contemporary Asian-American Fiction. Ed. Jessica Hagedorn. 1997.
Rice: Explorations Into Gay Asian [-American and -Canadian] Culture and Politics. Ed. Soong Cho. 1998.
Queer PAPI Porn: Gay Asian Erotica. Joel B. Tan. 1998
- Nuyorasian Anthology: Asian American Writings About New York City. Ed. Bino A. Realuyo. 1999.
Asian American Women
- Asian Women. 1971.
- With Silk Wings. Ed. Elaine H. Kim and Janice Otani, of Asian Women United of California. 1983.
- Between the Lines: An Anthology by Pacific/Asian Lesbians of Santa Cruz. Ed. C. Chung, A. Kim, and A.K. Lemeshewsky. 1987.
- The Forbidden Stitch: An Asian American Women’s Anthology. Ed. Shirley Lim and Mayumi Tsutakawa. 1989.
- Making Waves: An Anthology of Writings by and About Asian American Women. Ed. Asian Women United of California. 1989.
- Home to Stay: Asian American Women’s Fiction. Ed. Sylvia Watanabe and Carol Bruchac. 1990.
- The Very Inside: An Anthology of Writings by Asia and Pacific Islander Lesbians and Bisexual Women. Ed. Sharon Lim-Hing. 1994.
- Making More Waves: New Writing by Asian American Women. Ed. Elaine Kim, Lilia Villanueva and Asian Women United of California. 1997.
- Intersecting Circles: the Voices of Hapa Women in Poetry and Prose. Ed. Marie Hara and Nora Okja Keller. 1999.
- Babaylan: An Anthology of Filipina and Filipina American Writers. Ed. Nick Carbo and Eileen Tabios. 2000.
- Pieces of Eight: Eight Poets From Pakistan. Ed. Yunus Said. 1971.
- Island: Poetry and History of Chinese Immigrants on Angel Island, 1910-1940. 1980.
- Pake: Writings by Chinese in Hawaii. Ed. Eric Chock & Darrell H.Y. Lum. 1989.
- Desh-Videsh: South Asian Expatriate Writing and Art. Ed. Ketu H. Katrak and R. Radhakrishnan. Special issue (v.29, no.4) of The Massachusetts Review. 1988/89.
- Many Mouthed Birds: Contemporary Writing by Chinese Canadians. Ed. Bennett Lee and Jim Wong- Chu. 1991.
- Chinese American Poetry: An Anthology. Ed. L. Ling-Chi Wang and Henry Yiheng Zhao. 1991.
- Flippin’: Filipinos on America. Ed. Luis Francia and Eric Gamalinda. 1998.
- Watermark: Vietnamese American Poetry & Prose. Ed. Barbara Tran, Monique T.D. Truong, Luu Truong Khoi, Truong Khoi Luu. 1998.
- Tilting The Continent: Southeast Asian American Writing. Ed. Shirley Geok-Lin Lim. 2000.
- A Lotus of Another Color: An Unfolding of the South Asian Gay and Lesbian Experience. Ed. Rakesh Ratti. 2000.
- Between Worlds: Contemporary Asian American Plays. Ed. Misha Berson. 1990.
- Unbroken Thread: An Anthology of Plays by Asian American Women. Ed. Roberta Uno. 1993.
- The Politics of Life: Four Plays by Asian American Women. Ed. Velina Hasu Houston, Wakako Yamauchi, Genny Bitter Cane Lim. 1993.
- But Still, Like Air, I’ll Rise: New Asian American Plays. Ed. Velina Hasu Houston. 1997.
- Asian American Drama: 9 Plays from the Multiethnic Landscape. Ed. Brian Nelson. 1998.
- Tokens?: The NYC Asian American Experience on Stage. Ed. Alvin Eng. 2000.
*Note: This is only a partial list, and does not include anthologies of “Third World” or people of color anthologies including Asian American writers. Publication dates: I’ve tried to come as close as possible to first publication dates, but some may be reprint dates.